So we left today to go visit nana and papa in AZ. Had a few more firsts...
1.We had to figured out how Lauren had to go through security. FYI if you have a fake leg you don't have to take it off. You do have to take off the shoe though like everyone else! They swab the leg and foot and then we were good to go!
2. Lauren cruised through the airport. This is huge because usually she has to go pretty slow because of the distance and pain.
3. Had to board a packed plane and get her new leg into the very generous (NOT) window seat.
4. Then of course miss independent had to get hers and Taylor's VERY large suitcase off the conveyor belt. Taylor and I had fun by yelling to her "make sure you don't loose you leg". SO fun to watch the faces on people. As soon as it came around she grabbed it but a very kind man(To the right) was standing there next to her ready to help "just in case". People are so kind.
5. Lauren swam in the pool with the leg for the first time. Said "it sure felt weird. Like she was going fast but wasn't". Her goal this trip is to swim 100 laps in one day before we leave. We start the training tomorrow!!
6. First time "the knub" got sunscreen and some sun.